Saffron Extract was put to the test as a natural alternative to control food cravings and emotional dietary consumption habits. The results of this clinical study were ultimately what spurred Dr Oz announcing Saffron Extract as a miracle appetite suppressor and serotonin mood booster.
Studies and Proof of Saffron Extract’s Benefits
A recent trial was published in Nutrition Research journal, where Satiereal (the active ingredient found in Saffron) was being investigated as a means to help with satiety and hunger – not only did it help reduce the appetite of those who were consuming it, but also had a natural “mood enhancer” benefit. It helped reduce hunger in between snacking, and helped individuals consuming saffron extract to consume fewer calories during the day.
The surprising science behind Saffron Extract and weight loss came down to the cellular level benefits of saffron acting as a neurotransmitter of the feel good hormone serotonin. Because saffron extract has the potential to increase mood and serotonin to the brain, it can dramatically lower emotional eating habits as well as better proportional control.
Because emotions control eating habits which often lead to reactional hyperphagia (compulsive overeating), individuals often look to find comfort by overindulging in food (usually sweet, salty, or sugary variety). Until now, finding a natural appetite suppressant as an alternative to harmful prescription medication or costly stomach surgeries was hard to come by.
The research about Saffron Extract essentially concluded the following potential health benefits after continued used.
- Decrease in inches and weight loss
- Decrease in frequency of feeling hungry
- Decrease in fat-forming sugar cravings and snacking
- Promotes a healthy lifestyle and mood to avoid overeating
- Saffron Decreases Snacking Average: 55% compared to 28% placebo
- Saffron Decreases Appetite of Feelings of Hunger Between Meals: 84% compared to 52% placebo
- Saffron decreases desire for Sugary Snacks: 78% compared to 46% placebo